(About 3 months ago, we wrote about 5 great things about River Run in Davidson, NC. Those are all still valid but now that we have been neighbors awhile longer, we have an improved list of Why we Live Davidson NC and River Run.)
1) Davidson College – A university is good for a community. A great university is even better for a community. Davidson College is that. It adds the social and cultural fabric of community with concerts, lectures, classes and theater. Don’t underestimate what Davidson College can mean to you when you live here. You will love the local traditions that have grown out of the college, too. Recently, the annual Cake Race by the freshman class of 2018 was held. We doubt you have seen an event quite like this one!
2) Davidson Concerts on the Green – Concerts on the Green are a summer family favorite! Concerts take place the first and third Sunday evenings of the month from to 6:00-8:00 p.m. on the town green in front of the Davidson Public Library, at the intersection of Main Street and Concord Road. This is a great family-friendly community event. Bring a blanket and enjoy.
3 ) Davidson Elementary School – We like good schools with dedicated parents and volunteers. Davidson Elementary has both of these. Consistently ranked among the best in the Charlotte Mecklenburg School System. GreatSchools.org ranks Davidson Elementary at a 10. You may actually rank it higher, if you could. We love this school.
3) Chiquita Classic – The Chiquita Classic is the second of four Web.com TOUR Finals events. Hosted at River Run Country Club in Davidson, North Carolina, the event will feature the top-75 players from the Web.com Tour Regular Season money list and the 75 professionals who are ranked 126-200 on the FedExCup points list of the PGA TOUR. These 150 players will be vying for one of 50 coveted Cards awarded for the 2014-2015 PGA TOUR Season
4) Lake Norman – This might be the best amenity of the area. We love Lake Norman. This is the hub of water sports for the Charlotte area. Lake Norman offers sailing, skiing, fishing and just relaxing all along its 512 mile shoreline. Lake Norman is only a few minutes from River Run. Want to know more about what you can do on and around Lake Norman? Visit here.
5) Fisher Farm Park – A new Town of Davidson 200 acre park. Why do we like this so much? It is at the back door of River Run! Just turn left on Shearer Rd and it is about 1+ mile down. There are 4 miles of mountain bike trails with plenty of challenges and surprises. All this so close to River Run!
5 and a 1/2) Evans Coghill Has Two Great Homes Available Soon in River Run – We were fortunate to build to brand new homes within walking distance of the tennis and swim center. (By now you know, River Run is known for its tennis facility, great courts and leagues). Both new homes are priced in the $600s and offer all the Evans Coghill features that we have become recognized for.
Virtual Tour of The Morrison Home Plan being built at 18520 Dembridge Dr, Davidson, NC. (Remember this is not the actual house. This is another Morrison home plan that is very similar to the new home being built at 18520 Dembridge Dr in River Run)
Call Forrest Ranson today for more info. 704.488.5101. He is our River Run Neighborhood Specialist.