Being over 50 isn’t what it used to be. (Just think about what being 50 looked like to your parents and grandparents.) Baby Boomers are changing the face of 50-plus living. They are busier, healthier and more active – and their decisions about how to live their “golden years” reflect that.
Today’s 50+ generation has so many options! But as a recent article in US News & World Report revealed, there are certain things that all Baby Boomers seem to want:
- No debt. They want to pay off their mortgages, own their homes free and clear. It’s a crucial step before they can even consider retirement.
- Lower housing expenses. Many boomers want to move to smaller homes so they free up money for travel, medical expenses, or other expenses they may face at some point.
- More convenience. A smaller new home means less maintenance, less work and less worry. They want modern appliances, energy-efficient doors and windows, spacious kitchens, and a one-story floorplan.
- Boomers have spent half their lives in the car, commuting and ferrying kids around. Now they want daily necessities close-by.
- Comfort and style, and homes that are more age-friendly. E.g. Low-pile carpeting and wood floors, extra lighting, and grab bars in the bathrooms.
- They want to stay in their own homes, in their own neighborhoods, with their own friends, for as long as possible.
- Proximity to family & friends. Whether they stay in their hometowns or move away, most boomers say where they live is about staying connected to children and grandchildren and friends.
Evans Coghill’s Riverwalk community in Rock Hill is ideal for Baby Boomers. Our exclusive new models and designs feature a range of styles, including 1-story ranch homes, villas, and 2-story homes. There are first floor master bedrooms, rocking chair front porches, and open floorplans. The features and finishes are timeless and elegant, with kitchens that feature granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. Plus, these homes are energy efficient, with Environments for Living Platinum Certification.
The community amenities are perfect for active Baby Boomers. Nestled next to the Catawba River, Riverwalk residents enjoy access to the 3-mile Riverwalk Trail and the Rock Hill Outdoor Center. There is 2-plus miles of river frontage, and convenient access to I-77 and Charlotte.
The Villas are priced from the low $200s, while ranch and two-story homes are priced from the upper $200s.
You just have to see Riverwalk for yourself. Come visit this incredible neighborhood and build the home of your dreams. The Evans Coghill Model Home is open Mon – Sat 11-5, Sunday 1-5. 508 Jones Mill Ln, Rock Hill SC
From Charlotte: Take I-77S to Exit 83. Left onto Sutton Rd. Right onto US 21/Cherry Rd. Left on Dunkins Ferry Rd immediately after crossing the Catawba River. Right on Terrace Park. Right on Rapid Run. Right on Herrons Ferry. Right on Jones Mill Lane.
For more information about living at RiverWalk, contact Tara Davidson at 803.366.4588 or email@example.com.
Evans Coghill Homes is a new home builder in the Charlotte, NC area building new homes in Riverwalk, Springfield, Cheval, and River Run. For more information, please visit www.evanscoghill.com.